Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Hello world, hope you're listening"


"Trust your intuition, the universe is guiding your life" --Fortune Cookie

So today I chose this quote because it was the one that gave me some sort of piece of mind when I was trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to in my life. I'm also hoping it can give me some comfort right now. After all it was my intuition that lead me here to Paris in some sense. So right now things seem difficult--I feel scattered and a little overwhelmed. The road ahead of me suddenly seems very long. But I've got to trust myself, I'm here for a reason and soon I'll look back on this and know that I had nothing to worry about. Hopefully.

Things will be much easier once classes start and I get into a routine. Then I'm sure the time will fly. Right now I'm getting acclimated to everything. Pretty soon I won't be late because I didn't think the induction stove would take so long to heat my INSTANT coffee (this is supposed to be Paris, what gives with the instant coffee?), and we'll know that the hot water heater only refills between 10pm and 6am--so don't use too much too early in the day. And I'll know that potatoes or beans are inevitable for dinner so I might as well get used to it. And soon I'll stop complaining, promise :)

I finally got to talk with my Mom today! And Amanda and Kelly and Madison :) People can grow separately without growing apart. They'll always be part of my life.

I found out today we'll be taking our classes pretty much in the heart of Paris--Notre Dame, Le Pantheon, and Les Jardins de Luxembourg are all just steps away. It's pretty amazing but also pretty intimidating to be in such an impressive setting. We still don't start class for more than a week but I'm very eager to get started. As for tomorrow...some Parisian shopping is in my near future. Hey, I have to take advantage of "les soldes" right?

Oh yes and I love the bread here. And the cheese. And I really might gain 20 pounds and I really might be 100% okay with that. Okay...trusting my intuition. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment